Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10 reasons why I love to climb

In no particular order:

1. Being outside. This world is so amazing! Climbing allows me to appreciate it on both a large and small scale.

2. Being with friends. I wish all my good friends were serious climbers, there really is no better way to pass the time.
3. Learning to push my limits. I love the idea that no matter what I can change and grow, I can adapt and learn, I can train and grow stronger.
4. Sending! Sometimes hard work does pay off.
5. Feeling and learning movement. I like to think that I'm the boss of my body, I can make it do what I want it to. I love the feeling of control.
6. Exhilaration.Yee Haw!
7. Escape. Life sucks some days, but when I'm climbing the only things that exist are me, my friends, and the current project. Everything else diminishes.
8. Learning focus and control. Climbing is very much mental to me. If I'm not motivated, optimistic and relaxed I can't even come close to my limit. It's a learning process.
9. Adventure. I love to visit new places and see new things. There are so many amazing places to climb. I hope that one day I'll be able to travel on a larger scale.
10. Feeling alive!

 So there you have it. Maybe I'm a bit cheesy, but hey, we all have our passions (at least I hope we do).  Climbing happens to be the way that choose to spend my time. It's the way I want to experience the world around me.  Bottom line: CLIMBING IS FUN!
-cw

No comments:

Post a Comment