Friday, April 16, 2010

a day in the life...the Wash

We like having the Wash so close, practically in our own backyard. It is a great place to escape for a few hours and enjoy just being outside! Yesterday we went out for a bouldering session after school and although the temps were a little too warm for comfort, we still had a good time.


view of the Cedar City valley and mountains


Zach working the moves on Gerbil Jammin

Casey and I had a rough day of injuries.
First of all, there is a mysterious type of cactus at the wash. I don't know what it looks like because I can never find it when I search, but it knows what I look like and somehow it finds me. I swear it must be hiding under some rock that I walk by and it shoots out hundreds of little needles at me whenever I pass by. Yesterday was no exception. The worst part was that before I noticed the needles stuck in the bottom of my pants, I kneeled on them. Yeah. Painful. Add sitting on two pine needles to that and it makes for a kind of uncomfortable climbing day. Entertaining at least.
As for Casey, add one micro crimp to hours of hot sunlight and you will experience this:
At least it's pretty there.
And congratulations to Bryce on getting not one, but two V7's (his first) in one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment