Sunday, March 11, 2012

Moe's Valley Comp and a taste of Joe's

A few weekends ago we were happy to attend the annual Moe's Valley clean up and comp. Casey's finger was still in recovery, so I represented the Webb's. It turned out to be an AWESOME day for me!!! I was a little worried when we first showed up because I wasn't feeling too great, but I went with the attitude of just having a good time and hopefully sending my project. Jens and Vonae joined us for the fun, and they were the perfect climbing companions. We started off with some short, easy warm ups and then Jens quickly sent No Mind V5 and Huntsman Graffiti also V5. We then hiked up to the upper valley, did a few more V3's to warm up and I hopped on my project Backhoe V5. I did the ending a couple times because that has been my downfall (literally!) on my last few attempts. It felt great and I figured out the best beta, then I tried it from the start. I'm happy to say that I sent it! Wahoo!!!!! What a great feeling! I love sending projects! I was still feeling pretty good so I decided to try Device Ignitor Middle. I sent it over a year ago and I have to admit I haven't tried repeating it because I was afraid it would shut me down and I'd get discouraged. Not the case. I guess the psych of a competition was on my side because I sent it I think on my 4th try! It felt so invigorating!! Two V5's in a day for me is kind of a big deal. And then I sent Underwhere right V4! By this point my climbing was getting less than graceful, but I was having so much fun and felt so motivated. I was totally worn out by the end of the day, but it was worth it. I had a blast!! And, as a bonus, I won the women's division of the comp!! Jens also did fantastic and won the men's intermediate division! It was the funnest day of bouldering I've had in a while. Mostly because I have the coolest, most supportive, awesome husband in the world! Seriously, I owe it all to him. Well...almost all. I did work pretty hard. :) And now that I've spent too much time bragging about myself, here are some pictures!




And a video Casey made of my project.


And as an even greater bonus, here's a little video Tommy put together of some of his Joe's Valley footage. Looking awesome!

Joe's Valley Winter 2012 from Tommy Rigby on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment