Sunday, July 10, 2011

Back in business!

Great news. We finally got a new laptop!! We are so excited. Especially because Casey gave me photoshop for my birthday in May and now we can finally use it! Yeah!!! So to make up for our lack of pictures over the last few months we are going to give you an overload!
Rewind to May again. My birthday is May 24th, I finished school on May 25th, we drove to Flagstaff to celebrate on May 26th! It was the perfect start to celebrate the wonderful season of summer. We only stayed for 3 days, but since it was just the two of us it was about the perfect amount of time.
 Marble Canyon AZ


We love spending time at the Priest Draw. The bouldering is so much fun. I got a little out of climbing shape in the spring but I even had a blast on the V0-V3 problems. Awesome features and amazing moves at every level!
 Some easy but very fun V0s.
 My favorite problem I worked on is a V3 called The Coffin. The roof is completely horizontal with no features except an amazingly good hueco that is shaped like a coffin. You have to use some crazy toe & heel hooking beta to get out and around the lip. The really tricky part is keeping yourself from dabbing! I loved it.

 Casey sent a V8 called Cosmic Bicycle and got really close on the V10 sit-start, Cosmic Tricycle. He said it's the best roof problem he's ever tried. I agree. It looks so cool.


 He also sent Pufferfish V7, another cool problem just to the left of the Cosmics.
 And I sent another V1/V2 with a really cool mantle. Seriously, the easy grade may sound lame but it was a blast!

 Another amazing line Casey sent. Move 'n Groove Barbie V8.

 Still Movin' and Groovin'.
 A nice, flat approach. With a trail! Something we appreciate a lot more after trying to find new bouldering in the Cedar City area.
 We had a nice relaxing half-rest day getting frozen custard and visiting Upper Lake Mary. One thing I love about Flagstaff is that you can feel completely secluded in the mountains and only be 5 minutes from downtown and all it's ice cream amenities!
 Yet another fun V1.
Back to the Coffin.

 On my future tick list is this fun V5, also in the Puzzle Box with Cosmic Tricycle, which Casey easily onsighted.
 And to finish it off, Missionary Position V-debatable. Hard V6? Once again, in the Puzzle Box. This roof is CLASSIC!

1 comment:

  1. You two are so incredible! You make me wish I was a rock climber. And these pictures are ridiculously amazing. So can I grow up to be just like you someday? Okay.

    ReplyDelete