Sunday, October 16, 2011

Down by the River

Projects excite me! I just love it when something that previously felt impossible turns possible.  I love the anticipation of getting closer and closer on a problem that's at my physical limit.  Then when I finally do send...there aren't too many feelings that compare.  It's refreshing to know that you have the power to accomplish things that are really really REALLY hard for you.   

Near Zion, UT there is a small, STEEP limestone crag next to the Virgin River.  The rock is a little chossy, but the problems are quite spectacular.  I really enjoy the steep, physical, and sustained style.  Lately I've gotten more than a little psyched on a very difficult, very LONG problem put up by pro climber Joe Kinder, called Bovice.  It is far more difficult that anything I've ever done. So we'll see how it goes.  I'm definitely going to have to be patient on this one.

Yesterday we went there with Tommy and Bridget.  Tommy worked on a really cool line named Six Shooter.  Sheralee sent a fun V4 that we've dubbed "The Saw" in about 9.5 tries.  She's getting ready to crush! Go teacher power!!









The Saw


Tommy Six Shooting




Me trying to figure things out on Bovice

1 comment:

  1. First off, I had no idea you had a blog. Got here from Sheralee's fb. Second, this is really cool. I love that you have a hobby like mine and that you take such cool pics of it. Keep up the good work i'll stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete