Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Morning Sesh

Well, lately the southern Utah choss just hasn't been doing it for me. Sure it's still fun to get out every once and a while and try some new project, but really, I've been dying to get on some good stone. So when we made plans to visit family in SLC I was extremely excited to get a morning session in with my great friend Tommy.  We only had a few hours to climb, but we still managed to get on three incredible boulders: Euro, Citizen Dildo, and Wristrocket.  It was awesome to get out to a different place and get on these legit boulders.  Just being able to be out there was a huge blessing in itself.  Unfortunately, we didn't send.  This seems to be a typical LCC pattern for me.  I go, I climb on awesome new boulders, I feel like I'm getting really close, then I fail and go home with good times but no sends.  Oh well, the sending is just the bonus.  I feel like I'm really close on Euro and Citizen Dildo so I just need to make sure that I go back to them next time I'm here and don't get distracted by other four star boulders. Tommy is really close on Wristrocket, I'm positive he'll get it next session.  Wristrocket is one of the most amazing boulders I've seen, but it was hard for me to commit on it because I was greasy as a mexican burrito to start off with and I kept having visions of myself swinging off into the talus and shattering my limbs.  I do really want to climb it one of these days, but Euro and Citizen first.

Some Tommy:




No comments:

Post a Comment